A Quote to Live By

The Dalia Lama once said, "The relationship of height to spirituality is not merely metaphorical, it is a physical reality. The most spiritual people of this planet live in the highest places. So do the most spiritual flowers . . . I call the high and light aspects of my being spirit and the dark and heavy aspect soul. Soul is at home in the deep shadowed valleys. Spirit is a land of high, white peaks and glittering jewel-like lakes and flowers . . . People need to climb the mountain not simply because it is there, but because the soulful divinity needs to be mated with the spirit." I have climbed and will continue to climb as many mountains as I can find.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

1 day

So, it has been a day, and I am just now getting around to posting another blog.

It feels so odd to have something that I think about like I do this blog. Perhaps it's another crazy addiction that will go away in a few weeks but I hope to continue despite the traffic.

I don't have much excitement to post about from the past few days. I did, however, register for my classes next semester. All and all, I am pleased. I will have a really busy Monday and Wednesday but Tuesdays and Fridays will be nice. I am taking yoga or possibly pilaties. Forgive me for that spelling. Anyway, I am happy.

Yesterday was an off day. For some reason my planets weren't alligned or my hormones were running a muck but I was at odds with everything. I know that I can be sensative at times and I find it hard to real my emotions back in. I had a difficult critique in my design class and it was all down hill from there. Drawing and graphic design have never been my strong suit, but I have given it a vallient attemt none the less. Some of my ideas were copied by another classmate and that really set me off as she recieved the same "sophisticated artist" label that I got from my professor. I couldn't decide if I was upset becuase she "borrowed" some ideas from me or my professor was just particullarly annoying that day. I think it was a combination of both. I proceeded to spew vemon about her for an hour. I know that I took it too far and allowed it to bother me too much but it seems to have affected my entire day. I am definately thankful for those have choose to deal with my ridiculousness.

Other than random day to day drama, life is still good. I am finding joy in the randomness that is my day and my mind for that matter. Hopefully it will continue and my inspiration will continue to flow.

Life is good and peace to all!

No comments: