A Quote to Live By

The Dalia Lama once said, "The relationship of height to spirituality is not merely metaphorical, it is a physical reality. The most spiritual people of this planet live in the highest places. So do the most spiritual flowers . . . I call the high and light aspects of my being spirit and the dark and heavy aspect soul. Soul is at home in the deep shadowed valleys. Spirit is a land of high, white peaks and glittering jewel-like lakes and flowers . . . People need to climb the mountain not simply because it is there, but because the soulful divinity needs to be mated with the spirit." I have climbed and will continue to climb as many mountains as I can find.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Art

Hey Everyone,

I felt like brining you something a little different today. I had an excellent day, in terms of design and drawing.

I am currently working on a project that would play with proportion and scale. Since some of my earlier work received criticism for not being inspired enough, or lacking passion; I choose the content of war.

It took me a few days to make up my mind about what medium I would use and to develop the concept. I am pleased with how the studies have turned out.



This is a picture of a machine gun. I love the process of ink transfer and watercolor. It adds some rough edges and haziness to a picture. As if the subject matter wasn't strong enough by it self, I think this takes it to another level.

That is just a teaser. I have to finish the project over the next few days. When everything is finished I will post the final product.

In order to play on proportion, I am going to add two other images of "destructive weapons" and use sheet music for the song, "Battle Hymn of the Republic." I feel this not only plays a nice psychological game but give a nice figure/ground relationship.

Art and writing are controlling my life, and my fingers are red and green. Green from painting all afternoon and red from writing all evening. The amount of self expression may just lead to overload. We'll see.

Peace, until next time.

No comments: